The scholarship application is currently closed. If you would like more information about the scholarship itself and the application process, please sign up for our newsletter, follow us on social media, and/or email us at
The soHBCU scholarship is an essay based scholarship. It Is awarded to current HBCU students and graduating high school seniors planning to attend an HBCU. The scholarship award amount varies every year with a minimum value of $500. Each scholarship application is reviewed by a panel made up of HBCU enthusiasts and professionals from various backgrounds.
Scholarship Eligibility & Requirments:
- Applicant be a current HBCU student or a graduating high school senior planning to attend an HBCU
- Applicant must be able to provide proof of enrollment for the upcoming academic school year
- To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must complete an application providing general information
- To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must completely respond to the stated essay prompt in the application
- There is no minimum GPA requirement for this scholarship
"Visiting the campus and interacting with the faculty and current students sealed the deal for me. My Fall 2019 HBCU has shown me that my success is important and a priority. My HBCU has already shown me that being a visionary leader is important to not only problem solve but to be able to inspire others."